Please call us on 01637 210033 to order Baumit products
- Baumit KZP 65 can be hand applied using appropriate tools. Small quantities can be mixed with a paddle mixer. For larger areas continuous mixers and mortar pumps or an all-in-one plastering machine provide a more efficient application of the product, The product should be mixed with clean water free of additives.
- The minimum application thickness for a render basecoat is 15 mm and 3 mm for a topcoat.
- Render thicknesses greater than 20 mm must be built up in multiple coats. Each coating must be allowed to fully cure (1 day/mm thickness) and the surface well keyed before receiving the following coating.
- Adequate standing time is particularly important in low temperatures which slow down the curing process! Apply the render in two passes (fresh-in-fresh) on to substrates with high suction.
- Any dubbing coats or levelling coats should be compatible in strength. Each render coat should be ruled off flat with a straight edge, filling in undulations to produce a flat and even render layer.
- On hardening the surface can be float finished or scraped with a grid float in tight circular motions in preparation for receiving decorative topcoat renders or tiles.